Looking at food as a young New Yorker

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Market Update

With the weather starting to get warmer, I was hoping for some green spring vegetables at the Greenmarket this weekend. Unfortunately, there were none to be had, and I was left to suffer another Spring weekend without any wild asparagus (I've been craving vegetables lately.)

However, I did receive some good news. The people at Mountain Sweetberry Farms had a very tiny bunch of ramps at their stand and told me that ramps, and perhaps some other spring bounty should be available next weekend. I smell a farm to table dinner coming...

I kept my spending at a minimum and made myself a Greenmarket breakfast:


Fried egg over german butterball potatoes, bacon, crosnes, apples, pea greens and mustard seed. Eggs and bacon were from Violet Hill Farms and potatoes, crosnes and pea greens were from Mountain Sweetberry.

No comments: